Hey! I’m J.
I started this site as a way to track my debt payoff.
It worked! I’ve since paid off nearly $100,000 of debt and am now debt-free!
My new goals are to increase my savings and build multiple streams of income.
More About Me
I’m a twenty-something who has a passion for doing luxurious things cheaply.
Never heard of financial independence? Read The Secret Cult of Young People Who Retire Early.
Contact: millennialboss(at)gmail.com for inquiries.
Here are a few other fun facts about me:
- I am a dabbler and always have multiple side hustles running at once. Most recently, I became an Etsy seller. I share my side income reports with a detailed breakdown on a monthly basis. Check out my income reports.
- I’m a 100 percent supporter of more women working in tech. It’s the best career field (IMO) and I love it!
- I love my dog, secretly want to be a mountain woman, and can’t decide whether I want to travel indefinitely or be a homebody.
- I’m obsessed with living in an R.V., tiny house, or a van but would never actually do it (I think).
- I have a podcast! Check out firedrillpodcast.com.
Click here to binge read Millennial Boss by category
I’ve been featured on media outlets such as:
See all media mentions and guest interviews here.
Want to learn more?
Update: I Launched my own Podcast!
I’m teaming up with my friend Gwen at Fiery Millennials to talk all things FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE.
Gwen is another twenty-something millennial woman who also hit a $200k net worth by 27.
Her story is that she is a real estate investor and has recently acquired two investment properties in the midwest.
Together we interview some pretty amazing people including six-figure side hustlers, investors, and early retirees.
Our podcast was nominated in 2017 for a Plutus Award for “Best New Personal Finance Podcast.”
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes here: Fire Drill Podcast
- Check it out on Google Play here: Fire Drill Podcast
You can also listen on our website, firedrillpodcast.com.
Here are the first 4 episodes:
- Episode 1: Achieve Early Retirement with Bachelor Party Airbnb Rentals
- Episode 2: Earn $8,000 Per Month Writing Romance Novels
- Episode 3: How to Build a Real Estate Empire in Your Twenties
- Episode 4: Active Investing with Early Retiree Jay from FI Fighter
We also were lucky to interview the Mad Fientist LIVE at FinCon: Episode 30 with the Mad Fientist
Listen for the scoop on what it’s like achieving “early retirement” in your thirties.
Spoiler alert: He still works but he’s in much better shape.
What’s Your Story?
I’m a huge advocate for sharing your personal story.
I know I get super motivated when I read about others in a similar situation as me.
I encourage you to consider putting yourself out there, too.
Even if you think you have nothing to add, you do.
Blogging has opened up a world of people to me that I never would have met otherwise.
It has completely changed my life.
If you’ve been toying with starting your own blog, check out my tutorial, How to Start Your Blog.
Already a blogger?
- Get featured on Millennial Boss!
I’d love to hear from you!
Email millennialboss @gmail.com or email me through my contact page
Got Money Goals?
Join 1,200 subscribers who receive weekly financial inspiration from Millennial Boss.
Latest posts by Millennial Boss
- 11 Etsy Shops Created in 6 Weeks for the Etsy Mastermind - August 14, 2018
- How to Paint a Brass Shower Enclosure for $30 (Shower Door DIY) - August 6, 2018
- I Hit $3,000 per Month!! – July 2018 Side Income Report - August 5, 2018