I bought the 2019 Genius Bloggers Toolkit last Fall when I was on maternity leave. It’s a bundle of over 50 blogging courses, two dozen ebooks, memberships, stock photos, Pinterest templates and more.
I signed up to take dozens of courses and ebooks with a newborn because I am a crazy person! But mostly because I love blogging and it’s a passion that I have since turned into a six-figure business for myself.
The post below reviews the 2019 Bundle which is available here for two days only though January 16th for $97. If you are reading this post after the 16th, keep reading because you can buy my favorite courses from the bundle separately for fairly affordable prices.
These are the three courses in the bundle that I review below:
- How to Grow Your Blogging Income with Facebook Ads by Jessie Fiesta of Jessie on a Journey
- FB Ads for Affiliate Offers by Beth Anne Schwamberger of Brilliant Business Moms
- Gift Guide Creation by Tracy Lynn of Simple Living Country Gal
There are over 50 other courses included in the bundle for the $97 total that I don’t review here.
Why I Bought the Genius Toolkit Bundle
The #1 reason I bought the bundle in the Fall was because I have my own set of blogging and printables courses and getting access to dozens of other bloggers’ courses is immensely helpful in improving my own.
By buying the bundle, I could see:
- how other bloggers set up their courses whether it was through Teachable, Thinkific, or Teachery.
- whether they offered Facebook groups or memberships and how active those groups were.
- what type of content was most effective for learning new material (video, text, or another medium).
- what emails course creators send their students to get them onboard and keep them on track.
It’s very rare that you can get access to dozens of other courses for such a low price and that’s what I love about Ultimate Bundles. If you are even thinking about creating an online course or ebook in the future, then this bundle is for you.
Important: I would never advocate copying other bloggers but I would recommend taking other bloggers’ courses so you develop likes, dislikes, and learn what works for your learning style and what doesn’t. That is how you can create the best possible course when you’re finally ready to launch your own.
And of course, I bought the bundle because I wanted to learn more about blogging because it is my passion since starting my first blog about study abroad in 2012!
I had room to improve in using paid advertising and affiliate marketing which were two strengths of the bundle this year.
Now to my course reviews of the three courses that wow’ed me in the 2019 version of the Genius Blogger’s Toolkit by Ultimate Bundles.
Jessie on a Journey’s course: How To Grow Your Blogging Income Through Facebook Ads
Jessie on a Journey is a travel blogger who opens up her entire paid advertising funnel to students of her course How to Grow Your Blogging Income Through Facebook Ads. This course is available in the 2019 Genius Blogger’s Toolkit Bundle.
I’ve been experimenting with Facebook paid advertising since fall of 2018 and have had some success with it but haven’t implemented a true funnel. I’m defining a funnel here to mean that you create a sequence of ads to show the same person that warms them up to you and your products until in the final ad you prompt them to buy.
Funnels work better than advertising your product directly from a Facebook ad because you have time to warm up the lead and get them to know, like, and trust you. This is critical for bloggers looking to grow their audience while increasing their sales.
Here were the three best things about Jessie’s Facebook Ads course:
- The course is a series of video tutorials that show you step by step how to set up the funnels using Beaver Builder, Facebook Ads platform, and your email provider. You can expect videos from 10 minutes to 55 minutes in length. Jesse is thorough and it is very clear from the videos what you are supposed to do to put yourself in the best position to get similar results to her.
- Jesse opens up her entire course funnel to you and I was honestly surprised that she didn’t want to protect what is working for her more closely. I’m a personal finance blogger so I don’t think we are in competition at all but I super appreciated that you can see her ad copy, pictures, sales pages, email copy, etc. Too many bloggers are protective and don’t give you all of the information when you take their courses so you only can get half of their results. Jesse’s “open book” approach to her course was refreshing and way more helpful than some of the courses I’ve seen.
- She gives away some pretty great bonuses in the course including the email templates she sends to her email list in her funnel. I’m all about templates since it allows me to get stuff done faster. Thank you, Jesse, for showing me what converts for you so I can study it and create something custom for my personal finance audience in half the time.
Screenshots from her course:
I can honestly say this is a course that I will revisit again and again as I am growing out my funnels. I am at the point in my blogging journey that I now have products to sell but I don’t have the ad funnels set up. This course will be instrumental in helping me grow my blog to a multiple six figure blog in 2020.
If you missed the 2019 Genius Blogger’s Toolkit Bundle, you can still purchase Jessie’s course directly using the link below.
PS – you know it’s a sign that a blogger has good stuff when you buy another product from them after you take their courses. I ended up buying Jessie’s Brand Pitch Bundle which is not part of the Genius Blogger’s Toolkit but I absolutely loved her course and knew another product of hers would be just as good. I was again pleased with my purchase.
She lists 101 brands that work with bloggers in this bundle which is helpful for me as I start to grow the sponsorships and partnership side of my business. The price was again affordable. Check out the Brand Pitch Bundle here.
FB Ads for Affiliate Offers by Brilliant Business Moms
Beth Anne Schwamberger of Brilliant Business Moms is a podcaster that I’ve been following for awhile now. That is why I was thrilled when I saw that her FB Ads for Affiliate Offers course was in the Genius Toolkit Bundle this year.
I promote courses that I have taken and loved to my audience but I never really had a strategy for getting the word out about these promotions. I also never really considered running Facebook Ads for someone else’s courses. I only thought about doing them for my own.
Many online courses offer some pretty hefty commissions (the best I’ve seen is a 50/50 split with the average hovering around 20% in my experience). This strategy can be hugely beneficial to increasing your blogging income.
Here are my 3 favorite things about the FB Ads for Affiliate Offers course:
- When you are promoting an affiliate’s course you don’t have access to their checkout and purchase pages typically. That can be a problem when running Facebook ads because you need to help Facebook train their algorithms for conversion by giving them access to the purchase data so they know who bought after seeing the ad and who didn’t. In Beth Anne’s course she tells you how to get access to the purchase data from other affiliate programs and how to set it all up in Facebook so it has the information it needs to train their algorithm. Awesome!
- Beth Anne gives you a video overview of how to set up Facebook for the proper conversion campaign and the whole thing is done very clearly and slowly so that you can follow along and feel confident setting it up yourself. Most people are scared about setting something up wrong on Facebook and wasting money so I really appreciated her step by step approach.
- Beth Anne includes a video of how to utilize warm and cold audiences to convert. Cold audiences are tricky so I was happy to see her approach to converting with cold audiences.
- OK I said three favorite things but there are two more I want to include. Fourth, I appreciated that her course was actually pretty short. There are ALOT of courses in the Genius Blogger’s Toolkit bundle so I just wanted to get the information and go – and I got that with this course.
- Last, Beth Anne has a lesson on how to analyze the results of a campaign that is 20 minutes long. Since most of us don’t really know what to look at after a campaign finishes besides the obvious – conversion – this lesson was helpful for me.
Screenshot of the course:
If you missed the bundle, you can still buy Beth Anne’s course FB Ads for Affiliate Offers. It’s also super affordable since it’s a shorter course.
Gift Guide Creation by Tracy Lynn of Simple Living Country Gal
I make a lot of money on gift guides in November and December and thus I appreciated that Tracy Lynn made a course about it. Gift guides are product recommendations such as “21 gifts to get your sister this Christmas” and you make money through affiliate marketing when readers buy based on your recommendation.
I did learn something new in this course despite the fact that I have made hundreds of dollars on gift guides over the years using Etsy and Amazon gift recommendations.
I don’t want to give away too much about the course that was new to me since I respect other bloggers and their work but I highly recommend this course if you are not already making money on gift guides!
Other Genius Blogger Toolkit Courses of Mention
I chose to highlight three courses that I enjoyed but there were so many others that I want to call out. Here are two.
- Bloggers’ Secrets by Kelan & Brittany of The Savvy Couple
The bonuses in this course are LEGIT. So first, you get access to Sarah Titus’s 12 Things to Sell on Shopify course which was very helpful to me because I sell printables and also teach a course on printables. Second, you get a 100 minute masterclass with Mike and Bobby of the Facebook Ads Side Hustle course which I love and reviewed on this blog here.
- Elementor for Bloggers by Pete McPherson
I listen to Pete’s Do You Even Blog podcast and love it. I’m just learning Elementor and my business partner in my courses, Cody Berman, loves it so it was great to get an in-depth tutorial from Pete.
What else is in the Bundle?
There are tons of e-books, templates including pin templates that I now use for my Pinterest account, over 100 stock photos, discounts to other blogger services that I’ve used such as a discount on The Blog Fixer’s services, etc.
This is a super valuable bundle and it’s valuable for more than just courses although I chose to highlight a few in this post.
Is the Bundle for Experienced Bloggers or New Bloggers?
Surprisingly I opened every single course in the Genius Blogger’s Toolkit despite having a newborn and can give you a synopsis of which courses make the purchase of the Toolkit worth it.
I have been blogging since 2012 and some of the courses in the bundle that were aimed at newer bloggers weren’t as helpful for me. There were some courses in the bundle though that taught me new things and blew me away.
I made six figures blogging last year and still got immense value from the bundle. I would recommend it for both newer bloggers and experienced bloggers – seriously!
Did I buy the Cheat Sheets?
Real quick – when you purchase the bundle, Ultimate Bundles will offer you cheatsheets for an added cost.
I did not purchase the cheat sheets because I was planning on opening up all of the courses. I don’t think cheat sheets are a bad idea for most bloggers though – I just wanted to see the format of the courses myself so I did not purchase them.
I also read very quickly and have experience in blogging. I could scan through a course and skip over the parts that I already knew and dive into what I didn’t. If you are a newer blogger, you may want to go through each course line by line since it will all be new to you. In that case, maybe cheat sheets will save you a lot of time and keep you organized after taking the courses so you retain the information.
Is there a Genius Bloggers Toolkit Coupon Code?
I did not use a coupon code and bought the bundle for $97 when it was offered. Well worth it in my opinion and I have had zero regrets.
The only thing you have to know is that the bundle goes away a few months after your purchase so you have to download all the courses ahead of time. Set aside a few hours and at least sign up for all of the courses with your email address so you have access to them forever. I also downloaded all of the ebooks and uploaded them to my Dropbox account so I could access them in future after the bundle goes away.
Latest posts by Millennial Boss
- These 3 Courses in the Genius Bloggers Toolkit Make it Worth It - January 16, 2020
- How to Make Valentine’s Day Gnomes with Felt - January 13, 2020
- Free Printable Holiday Signs for Instant Download - November 30, 2019