I like to study blogging income reports to see how I can improve my own site. I’ve been making between $1,500 to $2,500 for a few months now and want to get to the next level.
Blogging Income Reports
Below are 35 recent blogging income reports and a brief description of how each site makes money. It’s interesting to see the difference between bloggers who make a few hundred dollars, six figure bloggers, and then millionaire bloggers.
Can you see any patterns? Let’s do a quick summary first.
Blogging Income Average
The bloggers on this list make an average of $35,724 per month.
Although, the median blogging income is $8,095.
Blogging Income Streams
I was surprised to find diversity in blogging income streams in this list.
Bloggers get a lot of crap for taking part in “pyramid schemes” where they make money by convincing other bloggers to blog but in reality, bloggers are making money from a myriad of sources.
You’ll see below that bloggers are profiting from niches including golf practice, gaming, health and fitness, and even job finding services for felons.
Here are the recent blogging income reports from 35 bloggers, organized by income.
Bloggers Making Greater than $1,000 per Month
Affiliate income and advertising are dominant at the $1,000+ level.
Adsense, Mediavine, and AdThrive seem to be the popular advertising networks.
Mediavine and AdThrive have steep minimum page views (I believe 25k and 100k per month respectively), so most of the bloggers below meet that bar.
Sponsored content is also a common theme in this group and the sources of that content vary.
Gen Y Girl – $1,108
- Majority from sponsored work through Social Fabric and Clever Girls networks.
Finance Superhero – $1,070
- Income split between Google Adsense advertising and sponsored posts.
This Fairy Tale Life – $1,316
- Most of this income came from advertising through Mediavine.
Ask Nick Foy – $1,788
- Mostly from sales of niche ebooks and practice plans for golfers.
Recipe This – $2,830
- Sponsored content drives the income on this food blog.
Millennial Boss – $2,851
- Heavily weighted towards affiliate income. (This is my site!)
Ali Adventures – $2,894
- Income made up of Amazon affiliate commission and AdThrive advertising.
The Endless Meal – $2,903
- Majority came from advertising through AdThrive.
The Bewitchin Kitchen – $3,734
- Split between sponsored posts and advertising through AdThrive.
Easy Baby Life – $4,310
- Majority came from advertising through Mediavine.
Eden Fried – $4,939
- Mostly from monthly client work including SEO, social media management, and website development.
Bloggers Making Greater than $5,000 per Month
High traffic and niche sites seem to be big themes in this group of blogging income reports.
The increased traffic drives a much higher return on advertising than the $1,000+ group.
I’ve been reading the Pinteresting Strategies ebook to increase my traffic. It’s written by a blogger who gets over 400,000 page views per month from Pinterest.
I highly recommend it. The ebook is over 90 pages of meat (and at $32 it’s not too expensive either).
Mommy to Max – $5,251
- Affiliate marketing drives revenue on this site. A good chunk comes from Amazon Associates.
The Intentional Mom – $5,481
- Affiliate income and advertising.
The Practical Saver – $6,655
- Income split between advertising, survey company signups, and sponsored work.
Tara Tierney – $6,712
- Earns majority of income from a Uber driver referral code site that gives new drivers a signup bonus. **Tara has since removed this post
Principles of Increase – $7,175
- Split between freelance writing and affiliate income.
Pulling Curls – $8,000
- Relatively even split between affiliate income, sponsored posts, ad income, and self-launched course.
True Valhalla – $8,095
- This game developer made $6,000 from HTML5 games in Feb and March.
One Hour Professor – $8,542
- Makes money off of advertising on various domains including a job finding site for felons.
Chasing Foxes – $14,844
- Makes money off of advertising from Pinterest traffic.
Bloggers Making Greater than $25,000 per Month
Now we’re getting into the big leagues.
These are the bloggers making six figures on their blogs per year and more.
You’ll start to see more bloggers offering their own consulting services at the $25,000+ per month level.
Income sources are still very diverse at this level.
All of these bloggers have growing email lists. Many are using ConvertKit which I also use for my mailing list and highly recommend.
The ROI on sending email is crazy high. ConvertKit makes it super easy to design forms, collect subscribers, and tag subscribers by interest.
JOIN THE OFF-THE-BLOG EMAIL LIST
If you want my off-the-blog blogging tips (where I share all the good stuff) then join my email list.
I share strategies that are working for me and that I’ve learned from the best (and most profitable) bloggers out there.
Bloggers Making Six Figures – $100,000+ Per Year
Millennial Money Man– $20,507
- Made over $10,000 offering digital marketing services such as Facebook ad management.
Market Your Creativity – $20,998
- Makes money from membership dues to an online membership program for entrepreneurs.
Millennial Money – $23,130
- Income sources include affiliate marketing, SEO consulting, and 1×1 coaching.
Niche Pursuits – $29,474
- Makes majority of money selling physical products on Amazon.
Shout Me Loud – $34,390
- Mostly from affiliate marketing. Great organic search traffic.
Authority Website Income – $49,617
- Super diverse income streams. Buys websites, sells on Amazon, started various online businesses, etc.
Matthew Woodward – $27,371
- Makes over $10k in affiliate income. Brought in $19k with a private project that was not disclosed.
Create And Go – $36,949
- Launched their own course based on their successful health website and youtube channel. Also sell supplements.
Show Me the Yummy – $46,367
- Makes money through advertising, sponsored work, and own course.
Believe in a Budget – $47,442
- Most of the income comes from launch of her own courses as well as affiliate marketing.
Update from me, Millennial Boss, on January 2020: So this is kind of crazy but I actually am now making over $100,000 per year blogging! Never thought that would be the case when I first wrote this post. You can follow me on Instagram to learn more about my blogging journey and life.
Bloggers Making Greater than $100,000 per Month
These are the bloggers making six figures per month, which means they’re pulling in millions per year!
It seems like courses, information products, and outsourcing are necessary to really scale and get to the $100,000+ per month level. That makes sense given that a person only has so much time in the day to pump out content.
Most of these sites also have custom web development. I’ve been really happy with my Studiopress theme but maybe it’s something to look into down the road.
You know, when I’m making millions. 😉
Bloggers Making Millions
So Over This – $100,094
- Buys websites and makes money through advertising sales.
Smart Passive Income – $102,915
- Majority of the income from affiliate marketing.
Making Sense of Cents – $131,448
- Made over $50,000 selling her online course (which I’ve personally taken and highly recommend). Check out the course here, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course.
EOFire – $195,482
- Sell information products, physical products (journals), as well as do affiliate marketing.
Melyssa Griffin – $283,680
- Mostly from online course sales but also from affiliate marketing.
Blogging Income Potential
Blogging income potential seems unlimited when you can scale like many of the bloggers on this list.
After reading these 35 income reports, I definitely have renewed motivation and inspiration to blog.
If you’re not making any money on your blog right now, don’t be discouraged.
Check out my post to learn some hard truths about your blog and why it’s not making any money.
You’ll be on this list in no time.
- How to Make a Backyard Movie Theater with a projector screen - September 19, 2020
- HONEST Passive Income Planner Girl by Michelle Rohr course review - May 25, 2020
- 35 Pink Aesthetic Wallpapers with Quotes and Collages - May 20, 2020
Owen @ PlanEasy says
Amazing how much some bloggers can make! They’re not really bloggers I guess. Many offer online services as well. I’ve been following Michelle from Making Sense of Cents for a while and its amazing to see how her business has grown over the years. I’m always amazed.
Millennial Boss says
It’s true that there are diverse ways of making money online but I’m not sure if I would define bloggers that offer services as not bloggers. It’s a gray area though.
Michelle Schroeder-Gardner says
This is a great list. Thanks for the inclusion!
Millennial Boss says
You’re welcome! The inclusion is much deserved.
Thanks for sharing. I would love to be able to be on this list . . . one day. It’s something to aspire to, and a goal to set out there . . . One day – ‘skulks back to his tiny corner of the internet’
Millennial Boss says
See you in the next edition?
Thanks for the feature!!! 🙂
Millennial Boss says
Jennifer @ Show Me the Yummy says
Thanks so much for including us! LOVE this round up of amazing people!
I am really impressed with your work of collating a list of top earning blogs.
i knew few of them but your list is really inspiring.
Lauren Kinghorn says
Wow! I love your post! I’ve read a number of blogger round-up posts and yours is definitely one of my favourites. Very nicely done! Super inspired.
Leo Tat says
It’s incredible how much bloggers can earn. I am happy if I can earn $5000 per month from my blog. I love blogging about nutrition and if I can make a full time living from it, would be amazing. Still not starting monetizing it, building up the content, laying out the foundations. Over $100k per month and I can’t even imagine getting there.
Great list of bloggers! I’m familiar with a few of them so it’s great to know how they’re making their money!
Niki at Toot's Mom is Tired says
I love this list. I’m still working on getting there but you’re right. A lot of top bloggers make money off of getting people to start blogs. I don’t want to base my entire income on it but it does work. And I like talking about blogging. lol
This is soo encouraging! My mind can’t even picture earning $20,000 and above via blogging. I know it’s doable though. If they can do it, so can we.
Alex Nerney says
Appreciate the feature 🙂
Jason Leeman says
Very inspiring list! Love seeing other bloggers income reports because it just proves what can be done with some effort and a bit of savvy!
Different Gates says
Being a blogger you can earn and also you become a good writer as well as enjoying to share memories with everyone in words..thanks for sharing informative blog
Stay focus, and work hard.
Also do not work for one time offers, always try to get resultbased deals or affiliates/provisions.
I just tecently hit 100k revenue in one month.
Haha I was going through some of the blogs on your posts and I was like “wait a minute some of these guys are making way more than this” and then I realized that the original post was published in 2017. Saw the update and so nice to hear that you grew your income by that much in a couple of short years. Keep up the good work!