Daily self affirmations have totally become a thing.
My Pinterest and Instagram accounts are blowing up with these positive messages.
I like to think that they work but I can’t really be sure.
A new Carnegie Mellon study seems to say they do (with a small caveat).
“There is evidence that self-affirmation can protect against the damaging effects of stress on problem-solving performance.” – Psychology Today
The caveat is that persons with low self esteem can actually feel worse when they repeat self-affirmations.
They don’t believe that the statement is true and by saying it out loud, they actually strengthen their own negative image of themselves.
For the majority of us though, these positive statements can help us achieve great things.
I mean, repeating “Girl Power” nonstop during my childhood had to have some sort of positive-effect on me, right?
Why do affirmations work?
For an explanation of why affirmations work, check out this video by Denise Walsh who explains how affirmations can rewire your brain:
It’s hard to deny that there are any drawbacks to daily affirmations, which means you should at least give them a try!
Pick out your favorite from the list below.
List of 100 Daily Affirmations for Women
Repeat after me..
- I give myself permission to do what I have to do without judgment.
- I give myself permission to choose how I spend my time.
- I give myself permission to choose with whom I spend my time.
- I give myself permission to make mistakes.
- I give myself permission to be restore, recharge, and relax.
- I give myself permission to spend money on me.
- I give myself permission to let go of people in my life.
- I give myself permission to choose my family versus the family I have been given.
- I am confident in my ability to help others.
- I am confident in my ability to perform my daily work tasks.
- I am confident in my ability to bring a smile to others’ faces.
- I am confident in my ability to learn new skills.
- What I love about myself is my ability to try new things.
- What I love about myself is my ability to dream.
- I am living my life according to my rules.
- I am living my life in a way that helps others.
- I am living my life in a way that will help me achieve my goals.
- I am adventurous.
- I am smart.
- I am kind.
- I am sassy.
- I am glamorous.
- I am elegant.
- I am strong.
- I am enough.
- What I love about myself is my ability to try new things.
- What I love about myself is that I try new foods.
- What I love about myself is that I make others feel good.
- I give myself space to grow and learn.
- I give myself space to become who I was meant to be.
- I listen to my gut when I know something is off.
- I trust my intuition.
- I accept that I will not be happy everyday.
- I am okay with the bad days.
- I embrace the good days and make the most of them.
- I give myself the care and attention that I deserve.
- I work hard towards my goals.
- I work smart towards my goals.
- I don’t let things stop me.
- I don’t let others get the best of me.
- I am okay with crying.
- I will never give up.
- I am talented.
- I am wealthy.
- I am wise.
- I am not lost.
- I have faith in my self and my abilities.
- I find inspiration in the world around me.
- My mind is full of good ideas.
- I follow my ideas.
- I take action.
- I don’t wait on the sidelines.
- I don’t wait for opportunities to come to me.
- I will raise my hand for good opportunities.
- I am someone who others count on.
- I am someone who can be counted on.
- I am someone that others want to spend time with.
- I am someone that makes others feel good.
- I am someone that can figure things out.
- I am someone that gets things done.
- I am someone that doesn’t let overwhelm stop me.
- I am someone that asks for help.
- I put my energy into things that matter to me.
- I don’t put my energy into things that stress me.
- I conquer my stress.
- I trust myself to make the right decision.
- I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
- I am grateful to have people in my life who support me.
- I am humbled by the gifts that I have to share with others.
- I am grateful to know my value.
- I am blessed with talents that are unique to me.
- I am skilled and valuable in my career.
- I am moving forward in my career.
- I am worthy of promotion and recognition at work.
- I am smart and dedicated to my job.
- I am learning skills that will help me get ahead at work.
- I am happy.
- I am useful.
- I am living my life according to my purpose.
- I am achieving my life goals.
- I am working towards my vision.
- I am learning valuable lessons from myself every day.
- I am at peace with who I am as a person.
- I make a difference in the world by simply existing in it.
- I am not putting myself up to arbitrary deadlines or timelines in my life.
- I will not let others get me down.
- I will not let others judge me.
- I will live my life according to my own rules.
- I am content with where I am in life.
- I am making friends who support my ambitions.
- I am open to new friends and new experiences.
- I am connecting with others over shared hobbies.
- I am happy with my personal style.
- I do not need to shop to be happy.
- I am free of self-doubt.
- I am open to new beginnings.
- I am finding inspiration in everyday life.
- I am relaxed.
- I am living according to my spiritual beliefs.
- I am finding my peace.
10 Money Affirmations to Repeat Over & Over
In this post, I share 10 more daily affirmations that you can repeat to yourself to stay inspired and encouraged about your wealth, health, and love life. These are focused on personal finance since that is my specialty and the focus of this blog.
I deserve to be well paid for my skills and knowledge.
I am worthy of health, wealth, and love.
I am wealthy and prosperous in all areas of my life.
Daily Affirmations in Music
20 years after the Spice Girls, we still have plenty of self-affirming musical inspiration.
Think about these popular song lyrics.
- “I am the champion and you’re going to hear me roar” – Katie Perry
- “I’m worth it” – Fifth Harmony
- “I’m sexy and I know it ” – LMFAO
From rap to hip-hop to pop, we have self-affirmations popping up all over music.
Some have started to call it the “music for the selfie generation.”
Unfortunately, some guy wrote an article about how this style of “selfie pop” music is self-absorbed and particularly a theme among female artists.
I can think of plenty of examples of male-artist braggadocio.
- “I believe I can fly” – R. Kelly
- “I got moves like Jagger” – Maroon 5
- Anything Kanye West said ever
Related Article: 15 Girl Boss Quotes & The Girls Who Inspire Them
I am grateful for everything in my life.
Daily Money Affirmations
As a female entrepreneur, I’ve noticed that money affirmations have become a thing too.
I follow a few #bossbabes on Instagram and thus, I am treated to some daily money self-love.
I am the master of my wealth.
I enjoy multiple streams of passive income.
I am a magnet for money. Prosperity is drawn to me.
I allow more money into my life.
At first I felt a little strange repeating phrases such as, “I am a money magnet” or “I am open and receptive to all the wealth that is in the universe” (LOL) but I’ve since gotten use to it.
I kind of like the idea of money affirmations now.
Sometimes the fun things in life are a little wacky.
I did pay off $89,000 of debt recently. Maybe they’re working? 😉
Related Article: 28 Ways To Improve Your Finances This Year
I’m going to start providing daily affirmations for my Instagram followers.
If you want to give daily affirmations a try, follow me on Instagram, @Millennialboss.
Success, money, and happiness comes easily to me.
My mind is focused on achieving wealth.
What do you think? Do daily affirmations get you pumped up? Or do you think they’re crazy?
- HONEST Passive Income Planner Girl by Michelle Rohr course review - May 25, 2020
- Pink Aesthetic Quote Backgrounds for 2020 - May 20, 2020
- The Don’t Forget Ski Trip Packing List (+ Printable PDF) - February 15, 2020