Like the saying goes, you learn something new everyday, and that’s especially true as a business owner. Every single order, purchase and customer interaction is an opportunity to understand your brand and the industry you serve. Etsy selling can be a steep learning curve. An online Etsy course can help
While making your handmade goods or even setting up a digital shop might seem simple, there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes. And then, you have to grow your shop, keep customers satisfied and continue to wow them while drawing in new people. That’s a lot to do!
It never hurts to take some time and brush up on basic business skills, or learn new concepts that apply to ecommerce. Doing your research–and your homework–on Etsy selling can really pay off. Let’s take a look at why some online Etsy courses might be right for you.
Who Etsy Courses Are For
You know we like to help everyone, so that means whether you’re a fresh Etsy seller, an old pro, or haven’t even made a product yet, it’s okay. The Etsy tips and tricks you’ll find here will be an asset to your business. However, amidst all those different sellers, there are a few people who will gain the most benefit from an Etsy course. They are, namely:
- Aspiring Etsy sellers who like to be prepared/plan ahead
- New Etsy sellers struggling to get their shop going
- Current shop owners looking to take it to the next level
- Etsy veterans who want to stay on top of the latest online trends
If any of these sound like you or close to you, then keep reading!
Some of the courses in this list are free and others are paid. Some are free with subscriptions to online class sites. The benefit of taking an online course is that you can spend time, pacing yourself based on your schedule and your time. Diving into the details of what it takes to run a successful Etsy shop will give you a deeper perspective. Courses are more structured than groups or even articles, so you can follow a clear path to Etsy selling.
We gathered a few tips to help ensure that you get the most out of the courses once you enroll.
Tips for Using an Online Etsy Course
- Set a goal. It’s hard to measure your progress if you don’t know why you’re taking the course in the first place. Have intention. Know exactly what you want to improve or learn about. This way you can properly assess if the course was helpful to you.
- Take your time. Don’t speed read the material and click through the videos. Spend some time thinking about what you’ve learned. Engage with class discussions and ponder the big questions of the world. Well, at least the concepts and techniques you’re learning.
- Study. I know, I know, you’re not in school anymore and this isn’t a “serious” class, but it’s still a class, right?? You don’t want to invest time–and possibly money–to forget everything later. Download and print your handouts. Bookmark and highlight passages. Take notes!
- Take your course in a quiet area. We all live busy lives and it’s easy to try to slip a lesson in during lunch or a slow hour at work. Not to mention in between your favorite fall shows and screaming kids. But is that really an ideal learning environment? We didn’t think so either. Find a quiet time in your home or hit up a library or coffee shop, wherever you can have your own space and time.
- Ask questions. If there’s class discussion or chat time with the instructor, use them. If not, talk to other Etsy sellers or people who are interested in what you’re doing and discuss topics with them. It will help you stay focused and more aware of what you’re learning.
- Last but not least, put it to use! Don’t just take the course and then walk away. Launch your store! Try a new marketing strategy! Redesign your logo. Put it into play and watch the dollars roll in.
Creative Live Etsy courses
Accounting isn’t necessarily something that comes second nature to most of us. In fact, for many shop-owners it’s the bane of our existence. However, you can’t run a strong business without knowing how to do a little more than add and subtract. With over 5 hours of video content and bonus information, you can learn online or offline through the website and mobile app.
2. Etsy 101
This course is for those new to Etsy or wondering what the hype is all about. You can purchase this course for just $29 without a CreativeLive membership and you can complete it in one afternoon. Learn everything you need to know by watching the HD videos on branding, listings, payments and sales data.
Most of the products sold on Etsy are crafts. And the best way to sell anything online is to present a good image of it. Easier said than done, as anyone who’s tried 300 times to take a good selfie will know. This class is about helping you to take stunning photos by revealing the easy tips you can do in the comfort of your own home. This course is one that will take a bit more time to finish, as it clocks in over 9 hours, but it’s worth every minute.
If you currently have an Etsy shop and just can’t seem to figure out why you’re not selling, this is the course for you. Led by experienced marketing expert Lisa Jacobs, this class for Etsy sellers is all about taking your shop to the next level. With nearly 12 hours of instruction, you’ll learn how to stop waiting for sales and start pulling in consumers with the right technique.
Skillshare Etsy Courses
This course is a winner if you desire to understand ecommerce marketing and selling. Learn tactics to build an attractive digital storefront and and how to outlast your competition. It’s self-paced and doesn’t require prior knowledge. Skillshare courses are known for their detail and precision, so this is great for anyone who’s ready to dive into the nitty gritty of ecommerce.
This one is all about product listings. Before you start selling you have to create your product listings. And without the right components, you could set yourself up for failure. This course will teach you everything you need to design listings that are found easily. You’ll be required to completed assignments to drive home points made during lectures.
For all the digital creative out there, this course is designed specifically for you! Learn how to cultivate a store that showcases the best digital products and how to deliver them to your customers. Not everything on Etsy is handmade, so if you’re wondering what digital designs need to thrive on this platform, you’ve chosen the right course.
Udemy Etsy Courses
Yes, this is like the hundredth time we’ve mentioned marketing, but it’s that important! The Etsy 2019: Marketing and SEO Mastery course will give you the power to promote your brand the way you see it. IT’s that simple and it features videos, worksheets and processes that you can access from anywhere. You’ll even receive a certificate after completion. This class is for serious Etsy sellers, but you knew that already.
9. Etsy 101
Learn from real-life scenarios that teach you how to run a profitable Etsy store. You’ll go through the steps to set up shop and promote on social media. Etsy sellers who are interested in creating a social media campaign will find this course especially helpful.
This online Etsy course is for serious Etsy sellers! Your purchase snags you hours of video instruction and an ebook to build on what you’re learning. This class focuses on all things SEO, including keywords, conversion rates, tags, advertisements and more. Discover why users may not be finding your store and how to attract the right traffic to your products.
12. The Etsy Course
This class is designed to help you overcome the fears of starting an Etsy shop in just two weeks. Get confident, find your direction and learn that you have what it takes to succeed.
Digital designers, this is the course you’ve been waiting for! Take your prints and designs to new heights and learn how to sell them on Etsy as mugs, stamps, pillows and more. Learn pricing formulas, Photoshop techniques, copyright info and everything required to get your shop running.
14. Etsy Training
Lynda.com is one of the leading online training sites because it offers so much valuable information about a variety of programs in one place. Sign up for a free month to gain access to their library of Etsy and ecommerce classes.
Learn to think like a seller and not just a creative with this paid online Etsy course from BurdaStyle Academy intended specifically for artisan crafters and artists.
This online Etsy course promises to triple your traffic and help you find the Etsy success you’ve always dreamed of. Enrolling in this course will completely change your e-commerce life.
17. Launch Your Shop
Wondering if and how you should start your Etsy store? Gemma’s lessons on not only selling but creating custom, compelling product lines will help you approach your products in a whole new light.
Etsy shop owners who find themselves behind on bookkeeping will love this class. It’s easy to understand and packs in tons of information in one place. Bookkeeping has never been easier.
19. Etsy Printables
You will never see printables the same way again after completing this course. See how easy and rewarding it can be to build a business or grow a side hustle from printable sold on Etsy.
20. SEO Bootcamp
Seo Bootcamp is for people who want to be masters at SEO and draw legions of new fans to their shop. Get the traffic you deserve by troubleshooting common complaints like low sales, low traffic and lack of motivation.
21. The Etsy Course
If you’re stoked about starting an Etsy shop and now find yourself overwhelmed by shipping, listings and more, you’re not alone. This course will ease you into the Esty seller world and help you navigate online business.
You can do it
Ready to make the leap? It might be quite some time since you took a class, and you may have already found success on Etsy. That doesn’t mean it’s too late to learn more. Pick an online Etsy course that speaks to you and throw your attention into each lesson. As a result, you’ll find that your selling acumen is stronger and your sales are growing through the roof! That’s always a pretty great problem to have.
Latest posts by Candace Howze
- 20+ Online Courses to Boost Etsy Sales - October 22, 2019
- 20+ eBooks and Digital Products to Improve Your Etsy Shop - September 14, 2019
- 20 Etsy Seller Facebook Groups Every Etsy Shop Owner Should Join - August 30, 2019